Posted by: Sue Stuk on Thu, Jun 28, 2007
SUNDAY, JULY 1, 2007
10:00 am Worship Service
Musical Introit Samantha Johnson
Time of Praise
Call to Worship
* Greeting Time
* Opening Hymn of Praise No. 809 …………..…. “God of Our Fathers”
* Opening Prayer and God’s Greeting
Exhortation to Self Examination
Prayer of Confession
Words of Assurance
Time of Sharing
Music Ministry Samantha Johnson
Hymn No. 799 ………..………………………………. “America, the Beautiful”
Tithes and Offerings for God’s Kingdom
Signing of the Fellowship Register
Children are dismissed for Children & Worship
* Prayer of Dedication
Living Word: Ezekiel 33:30-31; 34:1-16 (Page 837-838)
Message: “I’M GOING LOOKING FOR THEM” Rev. John Smith
Prayer of Blessing on the Word
* Closing Hymn No. 688 …………….. “Savior, like a Shepherd Lead Us”
* Song of Departure No. 21 (Verses 1 & 5)
“O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing”
Organist, Karen Ver Hulst
Pianist, Ruth Tacoma
*All who are able, please stand
ELDERS INVITATION - If you have questions, concerns, joys, or
prayer needs that you would like to share, an Elder will be available
in the front of the sanctuary following the service this morning.
TODAY AT GRACE
TODAY we welcome Rev. John Smith, Regional Director of PastorCare
Great Lakes, to our worship service. Thank you for sharing the
message this Lord’s Day! There will not be an evening service at
Grace this holiday weekend.
OUR MINISTRY OF MUSIC this morning is presented by Samantha
Johnson of our congregation. Thank you, Samantha, for your music
CHILDREN & WORSHIP
Children ages 3 & 4 years meet in Fellowship Hall with
Worship Leader Heather Dood and Samantha Johnson.
Children K – 2nd Grade meet in the choir room with
Worship Leader Erika Wigent.
PRAYERS & PRAISE
HEALTH CONCERNS – See the Prayers & Praise Line in your bulletin
today for the prayer concerns and praise reports.
IN APPRECIATION – I just want to say THANK YOU for the cards,
thoughts, and prayers expressed for myself and my family during
my surgery and recuperation. Thanks to Pastor Rick for his visit;
also the the Ver Merris’ for the super meal. Thanks again to our
loving, caring Grace family. ~Deb Kleymeer
We would like to thank Pastor Rick, Bob & Lynda Ver Merris, and
every one else who remembered us in your prayers and with visits
during our recent time in the hospital and now at home.
~Ade & Margaret Peterson
Thank you to Ray Zondervan, Joshua Sawyer and Anna & Wesley
Borkowski for their help in the church gardens this year! A very
special thank you to Karen Ver Hulst for her many hours of work in
the flower gardens at Grace. They are beautiful and all the work is
very much appreciated!
KIDS AT CAMP – Kendra & Zack Veldheer will be going to camp at
Cran Hill Ranch July 5-7. Please keep them in
your prayers along with the many other children
attending camp this summer!
CALENDAR OF THE WEEK
TUESDAY, JULY 3, 2007
CLUB 3:16 BIBLE STUDY will NOT MEET THIS WEEK.
THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2007
4:30 PM PRAYER MEETING in Pastor Rick’s office.
12:00 – 2:00 PM CLUB 3:16 at the Crossing for Grades 3-12.
Lunch will be provided.
NEXT WEEK – JULY 8, 2007
NEXT SUNDAY we will celebrate the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper.
Pastor Rick will begin a new series of messages entitled “The
Chapters of Life”. He will begin with the message “The Joy of
Being a Child”. See the insert in your bulletin today!
6:00 PM A JOINT EVENING SERVICE will be held at Beverly Reformed
Church. Randy Bohl, Director of Church Relations for Words of
Hope, will be the guest speaker. This will take the place of our
service at Grace.
PASTOR RICK will be on vacation through July 5. If an emergency arises,
please call your Elder, Caring Shepherd, or call the office and we will
contact them for you.
ALASKA CHALLENGE TEAM – A pre-trip meeting will be held right after
the morning worship service on Sunday, July 15. Bring the Bible you
plan on taking on the trip with you to the meeting.
FAMILY NETWORK OF WYOMING’S FIRST ANNUAL GOLF BENEFIT will be
held at the beautiful Pines Golf Course in Wyoming. This July 13
event begins at 11:30 am and includes lunch, ministry update and
golf until 5:15 pm. An optional tour will follow at 6:00 pm. Please
respond by July 8 to 885-9919.
VBS DECORATION ITEMS that were donated for use the week of VBS are
in Room 11 in the hallway downstairs near the coat racks. If you are
missing anything, check that room!
THE SPECIAL OFFERING for the month of July is designated for Cran Hill
Ranch and Camp Geneva. This offering will be received on July 29th.
WORSHIP SERVICE ASSISTANTS
Today Upper Doors: Curt & Mary Boes; John & Tymie Boeve
Lower Doors: Anna Borkowski
July 8 Upper Doors: Ralph & Effie Bolt; Lisa Braendle
Lower Doors: Brad & Gracia Class
July 15 Upper Doors: Darrell & Kia Delaney; Denny & Mary Bush
Lower Doors: Tim & Lyndsey Boeve
July Aisle 1 Aisle 2 Aisle 3 Aisle 4
Gort Boeve Norden Postema
Today AM Service: Elaine Martin, Cindy Wylie, Judy Beadle,
July 8 AM Service: Pat Ter Beek, Diane Maitner, Jennifer Elkowitz,
July 15 AM Service: Sue Vander Wal, Angie Hendrickson, Lynda
Ver Merris, Sarah Dunkle
PM Service: Sue Stuk
Prayers & Praise Line
July 1, 2007
The Prayer and Praise Line is a way to let our Grace Congregation
know about your prayer needs and praise reports.
Praise God for…
• The ministry of Rev. John Smith and Pastorcare Great Lakes
• The freedom we enjoy in this country
• The beauty of the sunshine and flowers
• Our outreach efforts as families of VBS children are called on
• Those who have recently lost loved ones
• Safe travels for those who are vacationing
• Keri Boeve as she moved this past week from California to Tyler, Texas to begin a new job with the Child Protective Services of Tyler (Her new address is 2400 Shiloh Rd, Apt. 416, Tyler, TX 75703)
• All our children and grandchildren who are away from home
• The summer Club 3:16 plans and the families of the children who attend
• Sandy M., friend of Anna Borkowski, who has stomach cancer
• Rose Borkowski, mother of Anna, who has a possible broken foot
• The following friends and family members with health concerns:
Lara Class, Samantha Allan, Gordon Ver Merris, Hope Munguia,
Lori Doom, Bob Benthin, Henrietta Alexander, Gavin Vander Wal,
• Friends and family serving in the military: Matthew Vander Heide, Frank Senko, Matthew Halverson (Lucille Sytsema’s grandson)
• Our Shut-in’s including: Mrs Dorothy Church, Mrs Gert Kerkstra, Mrs Gen Kroon, Mr & Mrs Ade Peterson, Mrs Ann Rozema, Mrs Miriam Schrotenboer, Mrs June Snyder, Mrs Henrietta TeRonde, Leora Totten, Mr Casey Ver Merris, Mrs Margaret Zylstra
As other prayers are shared, you are invited to write them down and
include them in your prayers for our congregation this week. Please
keep the church informed of your prayer needs and praise reports!
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.