Posted by: Sue Stuk on Mon, Jul 9, 2007
SUNDAY, JULY 8, 2007
10:00 am Worship Service
Musical Introit Mr. Bill De Jonge
Time of Praise
Call to Worship
* Greeting Time
* Opening Hymn of Praise No. 185 …………………… “Jesus Loves Me”
* Opening Prayer and God’s Greeting
Time of Sharing: Children teach us that _____________.
Prayer of Confession
Words of Assurance
Ministry of Music Mr. Bill De Jonge
Hymn No. 688………………………..….. “Savior, like a Shepherd Lead Us”
Tithes and Offerings for God’s Kingdom
Signing of the Fellowship Register
Children are dismissed for Children & Worship
* Prayer of Dedication
Living Word: Psalm 139:13-18 (Page 609)
Mark 10:13-16; 9:36-37, 42 (Page 979-980)
Message: “THE JOY OF BEING A CHILD” Rev. Rick Oppenhuizen
Prayer of Blessing on the Word
Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper
* Closing Hymn No. 447 ……………..….. “Jesus Loves the Little Children”
* Song of Departure No. 21 (Verses 1 & 5)
“O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing”
Organist, Karen Ver Hulst
Pianist, Ruth Tacoma
*All who are able, please stand
ELDERS INVITATION - If you have questions, concerns, joys, or
prayer needs that you would like to share, an Elder will be available
in the front of the sanctuary following the service this morning.
TODAY AT GRACE
TODAY WE CELEBRATE THE SACRAMENT OF THE LORD’S SUPPER. We
invite all those who are members of Christ’s Church and have found
forgiveness of sins in Him, to participate in this supper. If you are
aware of someone who is not here today, but would like to receive
this sacrament, please contact the church office.
OUR MINISTRY OF MUSIC is presented by Mr. Bill De Jonge of Fairway
Christian Reformed Church. Thank you Bill, for your testimony in
song this morning!
CHILDREN & WORSHIP
Children ages 3 & 4 years meet in Fellowship Hall with
Worship Leader Heather Dood and Samantha Johnson.
Children K – 2nd Grade meet in the choir room with
Worship Leader Erika Wigent.
6:00 PM A JOINT EVENING SERVICE will be held at Beverly Reformed
Church. Randy Bohl, Director of Church Relations for Words of
Hope, will be the guest speaker. This will take the place of our
service at Grace.
CALENDAR OF THE WEEK
TUESDAY, JULY 10, 2007
6:30 – 8:00 PM CLUB 3:16 BIBLE STUDY will meet at Nikki’s
house. Following the Bible Study the Middle Schoolers will
have an overnighter at the Crossing.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 11, 2007
8:00 PM CO-ED SOFTBALL GAME at the Knights of Columbus Field.
THURSDAY, JULY 12, 2007
4:30 PM PRAYER MEETING in Pastor Rick’s office.
6:30 – 8:30 PM FAMILY CLUB 3:16 at the Crossing! All ages
invited along with your family. Dinner will be provided!
NEXT SUNDAY – JULY 15, 2007
NEXT SUNDAY Pastor Rick will continue with the “Chapters of Life” series
with the message “Gaining Wisdom and Understanding” from
ALASKA CHALLENGE TEAM – A pre-trip meeting will be held right after
the morning worship service next Sunday. Bring the Bible you
plan on taking on the trip with you to the meeting.
NEEDED: SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS AND HELPERS to lead Sunday
School for our children. If there is a person who would like to be the
Coordinator, let us know. If this is too demanding, as it is a year
long commitment, we will also accept groups of teachers and helpers
who will be in charge for the quarter. These teachers would be on a
rotating system of 3 months each. Feel free to come and be a part of
this new and exciting experience with our children. We are trying to
be as flexible as possible in order to accommodate our leaders as well
as bless our kids. Questions? See Darrell.
THE SPECIAL OFFERING for the month of July is designated for Cran Hill
Ranch and Camp Geneva. This offering will be received on July 29th.
GOLF OUTING - The Fellowship Team is planning a golf outing on
Saturday, September 15 at the Pine Golf Course. The outing will
begin at 2:00 pm with dinner following. Mark your calendar…more
details to come soon!
WORSHIP SERVICE ASSISTANTS
Today Upper Doors: Ralph & Effie Bolt; Lisa Braendle
Lower Doors: Brad & Gracia Class
July 15 Upper Doors: Darrell & Kia Delaney; Denny & Mary Bush
Lower Doors: Tim & Lyndsey Boeve
Today AM Service: Pat Ter Beek, Diane Maitner, Jennifer Elkowitz,
July 15 AM Service: Sue Vander Wal, Angie Hendrickson, Lynda
Ver Merris, Sarah Dunkle PM Service: Sue Stuk
Prayers & Praise Line
July 8, 2007
The Prayer and Praise Line is a way to let our Grace Congregation
know about your prayer needs and praise reports.
Praise God for…
• The music ministry of Mr. Bill De Jonge
• Times of vacation to rest and renew
• Our children and grandchildren
• Faithful parents and grandparents
• Our outreach efforts as families of VBS children are called on
• Those who have recently lost loved ones
• Safe travels for those who are vacationing
• Keri Boeve as she recently moved from California to Tyler, Texas to begin a new job with the Child Protective Services of Tyler (Her new address is 2400 Shiloh Rd, Apt. 416, Tyler, TX 75703)
• All our children and grandchildren who are away from home
• The summer Club 3:16 plans and the families of the children who attend
• John Schoolenberg who is now living at Sunset Manor, Room 234,
725 Baldwin SW, Jenison, MI 49428
• The following friends and family members with health concerns:
Lara Class, Samantha Allan, Gordon Ver Merris, Hope Munguia,
Lori Doom, Bob Benthin, Henrietta Alexander, Gavin Vander Wal,
• Friends and family serving in the military: Matthew Vander Heide, Frank Senko, Matthew Halverson (Lucille Sytsema’s grandson)
• Our Shut-in’s including: Mrs Dorothy Church, Mrs Gert Kerkstra, Mrs Gen Kroon, Mr & Mrs Ade Peterson, Mrs Ann Rozema, Mrs Miriam Schrotenboer, Mrs June Snyder, Mrs Henrietta TeRonde, Leora Totten, Mr Casey Ver Merris, Mrs Margaret Zylstra
As other prayers are shared, you are invited to write them down and
include them in your prayers for our congregation this week. Please
keep the church informed of your prayer needs and praise reports!
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.