Posted by: Sue Stuk on Thu, Jun 7, 2007SUNDAY, JUNE 10, 2007
Kids ages 4 through 5th Grade join us each day from
6:30 – 9:00 pm!
We will end the week with a family dinner on
Friday…EVERYONE is invited to join with the kids and
experience “The Quest” for themselves!
VBS WORKERS – Please be here on Monday by 6:00 pm.
Crew Leaders report to the sanctuary for last minute instruction
and supplies. All others report to your area. If you have not received an iron on for your shirt, please see Darrell after the service today!
THURSDAY, JUNE 7, 2007
4:30 PM PRAYER MEETING in Pastor Rick’s office.
NEXT SUNDAY – JUNE 17, 2007
The Quest for Truth Celebration!
NEXT SUNDAY morning you will be able to experience VBS! Come and
hear the songs and music from the kids and see the sights. Pastor
Rick will share the message “Set Your Compass”.
PRAYERS & PRAISE
HEALTH CONCERNS – Ade Peterson continues at Blodgett Hospital.
Margaret was also hospitalized this past week. She was expected to
be able to return to her home Thursday. Please keep Ade and
Margaret in your prayers through this difficult time. See the
Prayers & Praise Line in your bulletin today for all the prayer
concerns and praise reports.
IN APPRECIATION – To my dear brothers and sisters in Christ: I would
like to extend sincere gratitude from me and my family for all the
cards, calls, and other expressions of sympathy. Also thank you to
Pastor Rick for his many visits to Ann Arbor and to all who
volunteered at the luncheon after the funeral. All the love, prayers
and concerns have been very overwhelming, but greatly
appreciated. In the end God did answer our prayers and rewarded
Jan with her place in heaven. We can praise God for His
faithfulness. ~Yours in Christ, Les VanWyk
I would like to say thank you to everyone for their kind words of
sympathy and for the cards I received. Everything was truly
appreciated! ~Joan Emaus
DATES TO REMEMBER
Wednesday, June 20, 5:00 pm THE ANNUAL CHURCH PICNIC will be
held at Pinery Park. Sign up today!
Tuesday, June 26, 7:30 pm MISSION OUTREACH TEAM MEETING.
PLEASE NOTE: NO SOFTBALL GAME Wednesday, June 13 due to VBS!
CHILDREN & WORSHIP HELP WANTED for FALL 07. Looking for help in
the following areas: Crafts, Feasts, Greeters, Story Tellers. See the
Galaxy for detailed descriptions! Sign up in the narthex.
PLEASE PRE-REGISTER YOUR CHILDREN FOR VBS TODAY!
Please pick up a registration form from the table in the narthex for
each child and any friends you may want to invite. Return your
completed form in the box on the narthex table.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for help with Club 3:16 this summer. Tutors are
needed on Tuesdays for grades 3-8. Volunteers are needed to help
with Club 3:16 lunches the first and third Thursdays of each month
from 12-2 and Club 3:16 FAMILY dinners the second and fourth
Thursday of each month from 6-8. See Nikki with any interest or
WORSHIP SERVICE ASSISTANTS
Today Upper Doors: Marge Veldheer; Eric & Erika Wigent
Lower Doors: Sandy Workman
June 17 Upper Doors: Lexie Wagoner; Ken & Cindy Wylie
Lower Doors: Ray & Robin Zondervan
Today AM Service: Mark Roach, Sandy Gort, Willie Hiemstra,
Tishana Delaney PM Service: Sue Stuk
June 17 AM Service: Sue Veldheer, Linda Emelander, Becky Herrema,
Kendra Veldheer PM Service: Ruth Postema
Prayers & Praise Line
June 10, 2007
The Prayer and Praise Line is a way to let our Grace Congregation
know about your prayer needs and praise reports.
Praise God for…
• His faithfulness
• Our children and grandchildren
• Opportunities to reach the neighborhood children this week through VBS
• Those who have help this week with decorations, maze building and other preparations for VBS
• The ministry of Murray & Carol Moerman
• The “Quest for Truth” taking place this week
• Energy for all the volunteers who will put in a lot of extra time this week
• Neighborhood children and parents to come to VBS and hear the good news
• Ade & Margaret Peterson’s health concerns
• Those who have recently lost loved ones
• Mary Haagsman and Deb Kleymeer following recent surgeries
• The following friends and family members with health concerns:
Lara Class, Samantha Allan, Gordon Ver Merris, Hope Munguia,
Lori Doom, Bob Benthin, Henrietta Alexander, Gavin Vander Wal,
• Friends and family serving in the military: Matthew Vander Heide, Frank Senko, and Chad Thorner (Lacey Wylie’s boyfriend).
• Our Shut-in’s including: Mrs Dorothy Church, Mrs Gert Kerkstra, Mrs Gen Kroon, Mr & Mrs Ade Peterson, Mrs Ann Rozema, Mrs Miriam Schrotenboer, Mrs June Snyder, Mrs Henrietta TeRonde, Leora Totten, Mr Casey Ver Merris, Mrs Margaret Zylstra
As other prayers are shared, you are invited to write them down and
include them in your prayers for our congregation this week. Please
keep the church informed of your prayer needs and praise reports!
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.