This post has been viewed 2123 times
View May 28, 2006 Bulletin
Email to a Friend
Posted by: Sue Stuk on Fri, May 26, 2006
May 28, 2006
10:00 am Worship Service
Introit Lexie Wagoner
Time of Praise
Call to Worship
* Greeting Time
* Opening Hymn of Praise No. 375 …………….. “Jesus Shall Reign”
* Opening Prayer and God’s Greeting
Memorial Day Tribute
* Pledge of Allegiance
* Hymn No. 799 ……………………………….… “America the Beautiful”
Prayers for Our Nation
Music Ministry Lexie Wagoner
Hymn No. 368 …………………………………………………..……….. “He Lives”
Tithes and Offerings for God’s Kingdom
Signing of the Fellowship Register
* Prayer of Dedication
Living Word: Acts 1:1-11 (Page 1055), Philippians 2:5-11 (Page 1139)
Message: “THE EXALTATION OF JESUS:
THE VICTORIOUS CHURCH” Rev. Rick Oppenhuizen
Prayer of Blessing on the Word
* Closing Hymn No. 370 …………………….……. “Rejoice the Lord Is King”
* Song of Departure No. 436 (vs. 1) ....……………………….. “Freely, Freely”
Organist, Karen Ver Hulst
Pianist, Ruth Tacoma
*All who are able, please stand
ELDERS INVITATION - If you have questions, concerns, joys, or
prayer needs that you would like to share, an Elder will be available
in the front of the sanctuary following the service this morning.
We joyously greet those who are visiting with us today in the name of our Risen Savior! Let us join together in celebrating the goodness of God, and singing songs of joy before our Creator. Please sign your name and address on the Fellowship Register as it is passed today so we can
get to know you better!
TODAY AT GRACE
OUR MINISTRY OF MUSIC this morning is presented by Lexie Wagoner of
our congregation. Thank you Lexie for sharing with us this morning!
CHILDREN IN WORSHIP & SUNDAY SCHOOL have concluded for the
COOKIES & COFFEE/PUNCH will be available on the patio following our
morning worship service throughout the summer. If you would be
willing to make cookies for this fellowship time, sign up on the sheet
in the narthex. Shari will call you to make arrangements.
THERE WILL NOT BE AN EVENING SERVICE at Grace tonight.
PRAYERS & PRAISE
HEALTH CONCERNS – Dorothy Church was in and out of the hospital
again this week. She is now back at Heartland Health Center.
Please remember Dorothy in your prayers. See the Prayers & Praise
Line for the prayer concerns and praise reports of the Grace family.
IN APPRECIATION – Thank you for the cards and prayers following
Dave’s recent surgery. Please continue to keep us in your prayers
as Dave is looking at long term rehab (6-8 months off feet). We
appreciate your prayers and support. ~Dave & Pam Hoezee
Thank you so much for the cards and prayers! I am doing better,
but please continue to keep me in your prayers. ~Barb Engels
CALENDAR OF THE WEEK
THURSDAY, JUNE 1, 2006
4:30 PM PRAYER GROUP will meet in Pastor Rick’s Office.
NEXT SUNDAY – JUNE 4, 2006
PENTECOST & GRADUATION SUNDAY
NEXT SUNDAY we will celebrate with our 2006 High School Graduates.
Pastor Rick will conclude the series of messages “Eastertide: The
Resurrected Lord Brings His Church Alive!” Next week “The
Power of Jesus: The Empowered Church”.
THE SPECIAL OFFERING for the month of May is designated for the
SCHOLARSHIP FUND. This special offering will be received next week
on Graduation Sunday.
THE DOOD/ZONDERVAN SMALL GROUP will meet in the room opposite
the Chapel following the service next Sunday.
SUNDAYS AT SIX – Join us in the Chapel as Pastor Rick leads in a study
and discussion on the Book of Esther: “For Such A Time As
This”. The message next week: “The Plot of Haman”.
SPECIAL DATES TO REMEMBER
Monday, June 5, 6:30 PM ELDERS MEETING
7:30 PM CONSISTORY
Monday – Friday, June 12-16 FIESTA VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL!
Wednesday, June 21 – ANNUAL CHURCH PICNIC at Pinery Park! A
special night is being planned! Reservations will begin next week!
ALL VBS VOLUNTEERS – If you were not able to attend the VBS meeting
last week, please pick up the VBS info and iron-on from your
mailbox. If you have any questions, contact Shari.
NOW IS THE TIME TO PRE-REGISTER YOUR CHILDREN FOR FIESTA!
Please pick up a registration sheet from the table in the narthex for
each child and any friends you may want to invite. Return your
completed form to the box on the table.
TWO USED WORD PROCESSORS, AND AN IBM TYPEWRITER are available
to anyone who can make use of them. They are located on the
counter at “Youth Central” in the downstairs hall. They are free to
anyone who can use them.
Week of 5-21-06
Offering Weekly Amount Needed Difference
$4,325.25 $7,848.27 - 3,523.02
Year to Date Offering Year to Date Needed Difference
$153,562.22 $164,813.67 - 11,251.45
WORSHIP SERVICE ASSISTANTS
Today Upper Doors: Betty Figueroa; Jack & Joan Formsma
Lower Doors: Maribeth Frontjes
June 4 Upper Doors: Ray & Kari Fron; David & Nicole Eckhart
Lower Doors: Brian & Sandy Gort
June 11 Upper Doors: Lon & Rose Gerbers; Al & Louise Grimm
Lower Doors: Ken & Janet Groenhout
May Aisle 1 Aisle 2 Aisle 3 Aisle 4 Aisle 5 Aisle 6
Moody Gort Veldheer Johnson Mc Elroy Berends
Today AM Service: Elaine Martin, Sandy Farris, Lynda Ver Merris
Samantha Johnson PM Service: No service at Grace
June 4 AM Service: Jayme & Heather Dood, Cindy Wylie,
Taylor Duimstra PM Service: Sue Stuk
June 11 AM Service: Mark Roach, Sue Veldheer, Willie Hiemstra,
Rachel Pence PM Service: Ruth Postema
Prayers & Praise Line
May 28, 2006
The Prayer and Praise Line is a way to let our Grace Congregation
know about your prayer needs and praise reports.
Praise God for…
· The freedom to worship
· Our Veterans
· Our families as well as this church family
· Pastor David Jansen and CenterPoint Church
· New Life Community Church and Rev. Todd Bush
· Those who do not know the joy of new life in Christ!
· Plans being made for FIESTA and the Children who will come
· The Community Outreach Search Team as they prepare to hire a new staff person
· Shawn Gerbers working this summer at the Grand Canyon
· Keri Boeve as she prepares to leave June 4 for a new job in California
· Jan VanWyk and her continuing health concerns
· David Hoezee as he begins a long stretch of rehab
· Barb Engels as she recovers her strength following hospitalization
· Marjean Tibbets with continuing back pain
· Ila Friar and her continuing health concerns
· Carole Lankheet as she regains her strength following extensive Chemotherapy
· Mary Haagsman as she undergoes further testing on her knee
· Dan Martin, son of Elaine, who will be returning from Japan June 18
· The following friends and family members with health concerns:
Carol Hoekstra, Lara Class, Frenchetta Powell, Samantha Allan,
Katie Van Dam, Gordon Ver Merris, Jeff Gerwig
· Sean Van Essen, Nate Petter, and Mark DeBri in the military
· Our Shut-in’s including: Mrs Dorothy Church, Mr Irwin Huizen,
· Mrs Gert Kerkstra, Mrs Gen Kroon, Mrs Millie Nevins, Mr & Mrs Ade Peterson, Mrs Ann Rozema, Mrs Miriam Schrotenboer, Mrs June Snyder, Leora Totten, Mr Casey Ver Merris, Mrs Virginia Workman,
Mrs Margaret Zylstra
As other prayers are shared, you are invited to write them down and include them in your prayers for our congregation this week. Please keep the church informed of your prayer needs and praise reports!
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.